Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Rear boots, gear box...

Since I had to change to boots on the rear suspension, I've also replaced the Orings.
It's important to clean the grove where the Oring sits; dirt gathers at the bottom of the groove and the Oring cannot seal properly at that spot.


I use fabric tape (Used for wiring harnesses) to protect the boot from the Ligarex. 


I have ground both rods, replaced the balls and one ball boot.


The rear left piston is scored 



I've polished it; it is mainly when the car is down, so it should not affect the pressure keeping while the car is at driving level. It would be a good idea to find a replacement piston in the mean time though


Both sides are done and the wheel are back on; they need to be torqued once the car is on the ground.


Starting on removing the accessories in order to open the gear box.


The air filter should be replaced.


Interesting plastic connector... I will replace this with a brass one.


Did not disconnect the compressor to keep the refrigerant. 


For reference only.


Ready to clean the gearbox...



0 comments:

Post a Comment